Sunday, October 14, 2012

Betty's Bunch: Update!

We walked!  And we talked and laughed and remembered Grandma Snow and honored her at the 2012 Alzheimer Walk.  I have to thank some very special people who donated to such a worthy cause.  I know that Alzheimer's has touched us all in different ways.  Having witnessed what this disease can do, I hope and pray that my children will never have to watch a loved one fight this awful thing called Alzheimer's Disease.

I would like to thank my mom, Donna Lindsey, for your generous donation.  Thank you for teaching me to think of others and to do for others.  I started participating in this walk for you :-)

I would like to thank my dad, Tom Lindsey, who made a donation in each of my children's names: Leah, Max and Noah :-)

I would like to thank Mrs. Johnson and Leah Johnson.  Both knew my Grandma and knew what a special person she was to me and my mom.  Both are such special people in my life, even though we don't see each other often :-)

I would like to thank Christine Birhanzl and Diane Cobey - two women who I have met in recent years.  Both of your donations mean something to you personally, but they also meant something to me :-)

I would like to thank my in-laws, Connie and Rick Naylor, and cousin-in-laws Joe and Alison Marino, for their donations, and who are currently living this disease with Pat's Aunt Ro.  Aunt Ro is Joe's mom and Connie's aunt.  Please know we honored Aunt Ro during our walk, too :-)

We had a beautiful day for the walk - it was a crisp, sunny morning.  And our small group of eight walked, and pushed and pulled just over 3 miles.  I think we may change our location for next year so that more family can join us!
Still waking up

Always happy - even wearing a purple necklace!

My niece Addison came with my parents

Leah making her memory flower


Take 1 -

Take 2 -

Take 3 -

Take 4 - ok, so I'm not going to get a picture of all four children smiling at me all at the same time.  I tried!

Some still a little grumpy!  The purple flowers were made in memory of Grandma Snow.  The yellow flower was made in honor of Aunt Ro who is currently living with Alzheimer's.

Where did Noah go?

No comments:

Post a Comment