Sunday, October 21, 2012

Waxed Leaves

While my mom was in town last week she asked me if I had planned on waxing leaves with Leah and Max.  I really didn't know what she was talking about - it must be one of those moments I have forgotten from my childhood.  But it sounded like fun and I must have remembered a little about it because the finished product was just as I 'remembered' it.

Max's tree in our backyard is such a beautiful tree - especially in the fall.  Leah and Max picked some leaves and we headed inside to dip them in paraffin wax (next year I will remember to do this outside!)  Max was a little 'too' interested in the activity - he had wax everywhere!  Once we were finished dipping the leaves, I had no idea what to do with them - I can't seem to through anything away anymore at home - Leah seems to know when I do and searches through the garbage (does her preschool have to send home EVERY piece of scrap paper with one single crayon marking???).  So I thought about tying them on a string and hanging them down our staircase where we hang our stockings.  Our waxed leaves garland is a perfect touch of fall!












No comments:

Post a Comment