Monday, October 22, 2012

Mama-Max Time

Mama - that is what Max calls me - and I love it - I hope it never changes, but I am sure one day it will.

This Mama has been CRAVING some serious one-on-one time with Max.  I don't know what it is - maybe it is all of the struggles we have been having with Max's night terrors, or maybe it is just me adjusting to being a working mom to three children, or maybe I feel like I spend more time with Leah because of her 'older' activities and Noah because he is a baby.  Don't know what it is but I don't want Max to be a 'victim' of the whole 'middle-child-syndrome' - if there is such a thing.

So I thought signing Max up for gymnastics would be a perfect way for Max and his Mama to spend some time together.  Max was so excited to go tonight after all the talk about running, jumping, front rolls and all sorts of other fun things - and a stop at Chick-Fil-A on the way home.  We got to the YMCA and as soon as I entered the gym I knew something wasn't right.  The gym was filled with middle school boys playing basketball and there was not a single gym mat in sight.  After speaking with some teenager at the desk, it appears that there is no "Scooter" class on Monday nights - and not any night.  I'm completely baffled because I know I would not have signed Max up for something if we couldn't commit!  I can't wait to get to work tomorrow to find my receipt - I swear I signed up for a 5:00-5:30 Monday night "Scooter" class!  Ugh!!!

So we left the YMCA in tears - not Max, but Mama.  I was crying, and crying hard - I so wanted this time with Max.  I called Pat once we got in the car and cried on the phone - and I'm so not exaggerating here - just ask him!  He probably thinks I have gone insane.

After I pulled it together, Max and I headed to Chick-Fil-A for some chicken nuggets and we stopped at the"blue" park on the way home.  This boy just makes me melt - he is pure joy.  The entire time we were at the playground he wanted his Mama to climb up the steps, slide down the slides, swing on the swings and teeter on the totter.  We had a great time racing down the slides and bouncing on the teeter totter.  I couldn't swing Max high enough I loved every giggle sound he made.  And when it was time to go he simply said, "Ok Mama....bye bye park" and gave me a huge squeeze.

After tonight I know I need to stop - slow down - make time - enjoy the moments...





It is near impossible anymore to get Max to look at the camera!


No comments:

Post a Comment