Tuesday, April 23, 2013

ER Visit

The Monday Meltdown season has begun...aka Pat's golf league. During golf season I always refer to the evening as Monday Meltdown because it never fails that one child will be crying and throwing some sort of tantrum. It's usually at bedtime, but anything counts.

Last night was no exception. Started off as a nice walk around the neighborhood. Leah pushing dolly in a stroller, Max pushing Mickey in a grocery cart and I was pushing Noah in a stroller. Then the tears started. Leah wanted to switch with Max and Max did not want to. So Leah started crying and throwing a tantrum. I had to stop with her and Max got ahead of us. And then he fell. Hard. And the tears started with him. After I got everyone home I could see Max's boo boo was a little more serious. He a ripped his nail almost completely off. I called his pediatrician and was told to take him to the ER. Fortunately Pat was able to meet me to get Leah and Noah and I was able to stay with Max.

After waiting for nearly two hours we were called back. After some time it was determined that there was no fracture and we made the decision to not remove the nail. In order to remove the nail, Max would have been sedated, the cuticle loosened, nail removed, stitches on finger, nail would slide back into place and then stitched back to finger. Yuck. We decided to just heavily bandage and if an issue would reoccur we would go back. Max was a little trooper!

His injury is much worse in person!








No comments:

Post a Comment