Friday, July 6, 2012

Mother's Day 2012


Pat was 'out of town' Mother's Day Weekend - a band trip to Kings Island.  So I decided to go on a road trip to my parents house and surprise them.  I knew they would be home all weekend doing yardwork and I really didn't think they would have guessed I would venture north for four hours for the first time with three children - alone.

I planned to leave right after Max's doctor's appointment, about 2 hours before lunch time, knowing I would make it to an exit with a Chick-Fil-A.  This worked perfectly - almost.  Noah was ready for a diaper change and bottle and it gave Leah and Max a chance to eat some lunch - except Leah didn't want any lunch, and she swore she didn't need to use the potty.  Ok - so a successful stop for the most part.  My goal was to drive the final two hours straight to my parents house.  But Leah of course had to use the potty about 10 minutes into getting back on the road.  But Leah is funny about public restrooms - and I don't blame her!  But her main concerns are 1: does it have a loud, automatic flush and 2: does it have a hand dryer or paper towels.  She will only use a manual flush and paper towels.  For the most part I have figured out with restrooms are "Leah Friendly" near our home, but on the road, not so much.  And I had to consider where I could stop that I could fit four of us in one stall!


Against my better judgement, I stop at a rest area which thankfully had a very clean family restroom - and it was huge!  I put Noah in the stroller because I really didn't want to put his carseat on the floor, and even the stroller fit!  We were back on the road and made a very successful surprise!  It couldn't have happened better!  Both mom and dad were in the driveway and I started honking the horn to get their attention.  I LOVED the expression on their faces!  It was priceless and I wish I had been able to get a picture.  They really were surprised!



We had a great weekend!  We ate out at a favorite pizza place, did some yardwork, played in the yard.  The weekend trip went too fast and before we knew it we were headed back home.  We amazingly made it the entire four hours without stopping!  Pat was anxiously waiting to see the crew!

Max's knees after a weekend at Memaw and Hippa's house - could be a long summer!

Home with Daddy





No comments:

Post a Comment