Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Power Outage

Friday night we had a a bit of a thunderstorm, more wind than rain really.  We were fortunate to just have gotten dinner on the table and the power went out.  It was only about 4:30 so we had plenty of daylight, but it was so hot outside it didn't take long for the house to start to get warm.  Leah and I had plans to go see Annie at the high school where I work, so off we went and left the boys home - hoping the power would be on when we got home.  But as we headed out of the neighborhood I started to think it might be awhile.  Trees were down everyone and a few power lines were down too.  I even had a hard time trying to get Pat on his cell phone.
Corn on the Cob for the first time - yum!
Noah wondering why did my electric swing stop swinging?  Doesn't Mother Nature know I am dependent on my swing?
Leah and I enjoyed the air conditioning at FHS - why isn't my classroom ever this cool?
I don't really care for candles, but I always save them for when we loose power!
Leah and I came home to a quiet, dark and hot house.  We decided to get the kids in their jammies, pull out their sleeping bags and set up the i-Pad for a movie.  Pat headed out for some ice to get a few coolers made - of course we had just been to the grocery store and farm market that day.  As soon as Pat got home - boom!  The power was back on!  But Leah and Max had become all excited for a camp out we quickly decided to keep that plan - until it was after 11:00 and Max just didn't quite get the idea that you are eventually supposed to fall asleep at a camp out - and he headed up to his bed for the night!
Watching movies on the i-Pad

Leah had been asleep for awhile at this point - Max was still ready to party!

No comments:

Post a Comment