Thursday, July 5, 2012

Trying to Beat the Heat!

It's hot.  I'm tired of staying in the house listening to the air conditioning run non-stop.  We have been trying to do 'indoor' activities - arts and crafts, children's museum, walking the mall - but all Leah and Max want to do is go to the park, zoo, Kings Island.  But it's way too hot for those activities.  And we haven't quite figured out how to go to the YMCA pool yet - one adult and two non-swimmers.  We went to a great splash park last week, but it's about 40 minutes away.  And I think it is even too hot just to go in the pool in our own backyard.  But this morning while Pat was golfing - he is crazy - I decided to take Leah and Max outside while the backyard was still shaded.  I think they were happy just to leave the inside of our home! 

But it was still hot...and humid...and gross.  I felt like I needed a shower when we came inside, and all I did was sit in the shade!
Yes, it was 11am and it was already 91 degrees.  And if you look at the small print, the heat index at that time was 103 degrees.

Leah and Max enjoyed playing in the water. 


It was just too much though for Noah so he sat in his bouncer by the door watching.

Leah did a good job of keep me cool by watering my feet.

I eventually told her to just use a bucket.

Even Kaida got in on the fun.

Stay cool everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment