Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Two New Firsts...

For me that is. Pat and a few buddies were in Columbus pretending to be 21 again for a bachelor party. So I invited the girls over for 'Girls Night - but with kids'. Alisha suggested that she give us a knitting lesson - which sounded great to me! Max was his normal go-with-the-flow self and Leah played with her friend Lily, so Alisha had plenty of time to teach me how to knit! By the next day I had made my first dishcloth. Turned out pretty good considering it was my first project. It may be hard to see, but there is an 'N' in the center. I hope to find the time to knit Leah and Max scarves for the winter, and Pat has requested a hat. We'll see!

Another first that I accomplished this week was making a pie. Rick and Connie were in town and it happened to be Rick's birthday. I knew his favorite dessert is cherry pie, so I decided to just try to make one. I will confess that I purchased a crust, but I did make the filling from scratch. Next time I will make the crust myself - I have a great recipe from my mom, passed down from her mom - but I just did not have the time to make the crust ahead of time. I'm not much of a cherry pie person, but all stated that the pie was tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment