Monday, August 30, 2010

Back to School

For many people August is the end of summer - but for us teachers it also means the start of a new school year. Usually I am ready to go back to work - excited to see my colleagues and students. But this year it is a bit harder. I have had an extra month to be home over the summer, thanks to Max. And it is hard to send Leah and Max off to a sitter for the day, especially when it is a new sitter! Fortunately, Pat does not go back to work until after Labor Day, so we have been able to ease in to our new schedule and routine. Routine is good, and I think that is the only thing I look forward to as I head back to work. Below is my annual First Day of School pic. Pat's is to come later, as well as pics for Leah and Max.
Fairfield Schools, the district that I work in, always has a Back to School Parade the Saturday before the first day. We attended - in the rain - and we ended up on the cover of the local newspaper!

photo by David Moodie of the Fairfield Echo

No comments:

Post a Comment