Monday, August 9, 2010

Cleveland Trip: 2 of 3

Our second trip north actually started in Bowling Green for a wedding, our cousin Matt and Toshia. It also marked the first time that we did not have Max for a night. We enjoyed the wedding - and a full night of sleep! Connie sent me some pictures, but they are not transferring well.

After a night in Bowling Green we went to Cleveland. We were first treated to dinner by Nana- it was a celebration of anniversaries. Pat and I were celebrating our 4th anniversary, Uncle Darryl and Aunt Pam their 20th and Connie and Rick their 40th. Dinner was delicious. I think we were having too good a time that we did not get a chance for a picture. After dinner, Dayna and Paul invited everyone back to their new home for dessert.

Sunday was the 4th of July and Max had been to his second parade in as many months.


The 4th of July was also the start of a parent's worst nightmare. Max was running a bit of a fever, became lethargic and was not taking his bottles. I called our pediatrician in Cincinnati and I was instructed to get him to a pediatrician in Cleveland right away. Fortunately my parents live about 10 minutes away from Fairview Hospital, which is a part of the Clinic, which has a pediatric ER. We were seen pretty quickly. His fever and a urine test indicated that he may have had a possible bacterial infection - which meant we were spending a few days in the hospital. We were lucky to be so close to my parents - they were able to care for Leah during the day while Pat and I were at the hospital. Max had a spinal tap and after a few days all cultures showed no growth - which was great news. He was diagnosed with viral meningitis and we were able to go home on the third day. Unfortunately I had to bring Max back to Cincinnati the following day for a follow-up with our own pediatrician, and then back north for Dayna and Paul's wedding - what a week!
While my mom and I were back in Cincinnati for the night with Max, Pat and Leah headed east to Conneaut to spend some time with his parents. The day was spent playing in the lake and blowing bubbles!
photo by Connie Naylor
photo by Connie Naylor

When Max, mom and I returned from Cincinnati, my mom took the kiddos and Pat and I went out to Conneaut for the wedding festivities. Friday night was the rehearsal dinner at Ferrante's Winery. Pat needs to learn that wine is not like beer and should not be chugged.
photo by Connie Naylor

Saturday morning I went to get my hair done with Dayna
photo by Connie Naylor

The ceremony was held outdoors in Conneaut- it was a beautiful day and service.

The reception was held in Mentor. We all had a great time - especially Leah who was in the center of the dance floor doing the Hokey Pokey - unfortunately no pictures of moment - but it is a moment I will never forget.

photo by Connie Naylor

After the wedding we were very happy to head home - it was a busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment