Sunday, March 17, 2013

Kaida

Exactly one week ago we thought we would be saying our final farewell to Kaida.  We learned about a month ago that she has cancer in her mouth and treatment would not really help her.  A week ago Pat found that the tumor has already grown back in the same spot, not as large, but it is there.  Kaida has also been slowing down.  I spoke with our vet on Monday, and after lots of tears, he reassured me that her slowing down was more her age than the cancer.  Her first sign of the cancer taking over will be her appetite.  He prescribed her an anti-inflammatory for her back legs and hips and we have seen a huge difference!  She is acting like her puppy-self.  Even if this is temporary, I would much rather remember her jumping, running, barking at motorcycles and chasing absolutely nothing in the backyard than a dog who has withdrawn herself from the family.
Kaida in her 'early' years...maybe a year old or so

But a week ago when I thought 'this is it' I realized I didn't really have any pictures of Kaida with Noah.  I had spent the afternoon going through pictures and couldn't find any.  So after bath time, we took some pics of Kaida Jane with the kids.















No comments:

Post a Comment