Saturday, April 7, 2012

Ate My Words

About a month ago we spent a day at the zoo.  I was so hot and walking around with a big belly I was just about done when we left.  I swore that I wasn't going to go back until #3 was born.  Well, I ate my words yesterday when I suggested we go to the zoo.  It was a beautiful day, a bit chilly, but so sunny that we just had to spend the day outside.  And perhaps in the back of my mind I was thinking that walking the hills at the zoo would help move labor along.  And I think I wanted to take advantage of one last outing as a family of four.  Due to our mild winter, all of our tulips had already bloomed, so I had hoped that the zoo blooms would be in full force - unfortunately I think we were about a week too late.  Some had already died and the rest were already all crinkled up and not so pretty anymore.  I couldn't even find a nice group to get a picture.  Leah and Max were beyond excited when they figured out where we were going, and they were especially thrilled when they realized we brought the wagon.  The wagon was a first and it worked out pretty well.  Leah still walked about half of the zoo and it was so much easier to get Max in and out.  We started our afternoon with a picnic lunch and then it was off to see the animals.  We reached the giraffes in the middle of their feeding, so Leah and Max were both able to feed Kimba a cracker.  Just as Pat was to take their picture and man stepped in his way.  Maybe next time.  And a zoo trip would not be complete without a ride on the train!  All in all, it was a great day.  We came home with two sleeping children and a worn out mama - and still no #3.











No comments:

Post a Comment