Friday, November 30, 2012

Stocking Complete!

Noah's stocking is finished! I was on a roll last weekend but some other things came up this week which postponed me being able to finish it up. But I wanted it done before the weekend. It only took about an hour tonight. Our stairway is now complete...note that there is no more room for any more stockings!

My mom made our family stockings when my brother and I were young, and I loved them. When Pat and I first had Leah, making her a stocking was one of the first things I thought of.

I have enjoyed making one for each of us, and I chose each one carefully. Pat is our "light guy" and he always hung my lights when I lived alone, so his stocking of a snowman hanging lights was perfect. I love to bake, so the gingerbread house makes sense for me. For Leah, Max and Noah I wanted Santa to be on their stockings. When it came time for Noah's stocking I was able to find several Santa stockings, but none had the white across the top like the others, so I added that myself.

I think these stockings are my favorite decorations in our home!




No comments:

Post a Comment