Monday, February 18, 2013

Ask and You Shall Receive!

I was taking Max to the doctor Saturday morning.  For several weeks, Max has started to not eat.  A week earlier I had Max to the doctor and she thought that he had an upset stomach from a steroid he had taken a few weeks ago for wheezing.  She put him on Zantac and said to give it two weeks.  After one week, I still didn't have a good feeling about it, so back we were to the doctor.  We saw the nurse practitioner who suspected one thing - poop.  Sure enough, an X-ray of Max's belly shows he is backed ALL the way up - we have a lot of dirty diapers in our future!  Let's hope that Miralax will do the trick and we can take care of this without another trip to the doctor's office!
Max's first good meal in a few weeks - pizza at Dewey's, later followed by Graeter's
But anyways, back to the point of the story - while we were on our way to the doctor's office, Max was on the phone with Hippa.  After we got off the phone I told Max that when we got home a friend of ours, Cathy, would be there to play with him (I had to take Leah to a party and Pat had to work).  Max said, "No, I want to play with Hippa."  He said it very firmly and seriously.  I told my dad and sure enough, a few hours later guess who showed up?
One very happy Max, and one very happy Hippa!
I SO wish I had the camera with me - instead we were FaceTiming with Memaw for the reaction.  But Max ran straight to Hippa with a huge hug - it was perfect.  Hippa has been very worried about Max not eating, so it was good that Max finally ate entire meals while Hippa was in town.


Thanks Hippa!
Where did Hippa go?

No comments:

Post a Comment