Wednesday, December 11, 2013

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!

So…it's been way too long since I have posted.  Summer was just so crazy and then school started and then all of a sudden it is December!  I do plan on doing a 'catch-up' post about what we have been up to, but I was sitting here tonight enjoying my warm and cozy home with Christmas lights and knick knacks that I decided to take a few pictures of our home.  I used a flash on my camera - still haven't learned how to use the settings so the 'cozy' factor isn't visible in the photos.  Enjoy!


Our family tree.  Includes ornaments we have collected since Pat and I were married in 2006.  We cut a live tree every year!

Our newest tree!  An artificial in our bedroom.  All of my childhood ornaments and Pat's childhood collection of 'planes, trains and automobiles' are on this tree.

A pencil tree in the basement that has ornaments from the kids' grandparents that do not fit on our family tree.
Another pencil tree in our kitchen.  Decorated with wooden ornaments that Pat has made since 2002 and decorated with a paper garland that Leah made two years ago in preschool.
Our stockings!  I made each one - a tradition I am continuing from my mom. 
Mine - perfect for me since I love to bake - especially at Christmas time!

Pat's - while we were dating and I live alone, Pat always put up my Christmas lights!

Leah - For the kids, it was really important to me that their stockings were of Santa

Max

Noah

A Pinterest project - Leah painted the tree, Max the top snowflake and Noah the bottom snowflake.  This weekend I may change out the snowflakes for something more "Christmas-y" and put the snowflakes back up in January.

Two of my Clothtique Santas

A collage of photos of my dad reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas"…a tradition that continued until 2008 when Leah was born…then Pat took over the reading of this special story

This was a gift from my mom a few years ago

Willow Tree Nativity

Ceramic trees made by my Aunt Becky - reminds me of one my Grandma and Grandpa Snow had


Carolers

Ignore the Algebra 2 book!  Ha!

Artwork by Leah (tree top right), Max (top left and mittens bottom right) and Noah (Santa bottom left - he colored it lightly)

A small tree on Leah's dresser

A small tree on the boys' dresser

And Flubby our Elf!  I'm sure he will have his own post this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment