Monday, December 13, 2010

Snow Day Fun

The first 'storm' of the season has arrived in Cincinnati. I always have to laugh when snowfall is predicted - the entire city panics and practically shuts down. Last night Pat and I both received calls that we would have a two-hour delay this morning. I am all for a delay - get to sleep in a little and still go to work. Especially this time of year where we only have seven days left until winter break - I have everything planned perfectly. But we received a second phone call this morning - canceled. I will admit it is nice to have the day off, but we only have three freebie days this year, and I just was not ready to use one so soon - and now I have to rework the next six days.

But being home on a snowy day has been fun. Fortunately, Leah's snow pants still fit from last year - not quite sure how, but they do. But I did need to send Pat out to get her some new boots. Max is easy - just bundle him really good with blankets. We headed out for some sled riding in the backyard. Leah loved it. She had a great time running around, playing with the dog and falling in the snow. Max was okay. I think we took him out at a bad time. He was fussing before we went out, and as soon as the cold hit, he just cried more. But once I was able to start pulling him in the snow, he enjoyed it. We came inside to a nice lunch and hot cocoa.
Afterwards, we headed to uptown Oxford for a new tradition that was started last year. And yes to the grandparents, this is a spoiler. Last year we started a new tradition of Leah painting ornaments. She did much better this year - she did not need any help. Max will have to wait until next year to start his collection. We also had Leah make a square tile. We plan to have her, and Max, make one every year and then someday we will have them placed to make the top of a table - or something - lots of time to figure that out.So while I wasn't too thrilled initially with a snow day - I'm already concerned I will be working until the middle of June - it was a perfect day, and well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment