Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day Fun #6

Yes, that is correct - today was our SIXTH snow day! After looking through my previous posts, I see that I left off days #3, 4 and 5. Snow day #3 was the second week of January - and it was more of a work day. I was able to schedule a doctor's appointment and other than that, it was just a typical day. #4 and #5 were back to back days the week of MLK. Day #4 I was in bed with the stomach flu, and #5 was Pat's turn. So with Day #6 we decided it was time to make it a fun day!

Our snow day really is not a snow day - but an 'ice day.' Overnight we had some freezing rain as a major storm hit the Midwest - mostly to the north and northwest of us. It was estimated that we had about a quarter-inch of ice so Pat and I were both home. After a lazy morning we headed out to Bananas! - an inflatable indoor playground. We have never been there, mainly since it is only open on the weekdays to the public. But it was a fun hour of sliding and jumping on inflatables. Even Max had a turn down the slides! The weather tonight looks like some more freezing rain turning into snow -will it be snow day #7??? Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment